Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-ay543tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is HP Notebook 15-ay543tu Windows 10 Professional compatible (64 bit)? By default it had Windows 10 Home edition. But i have purchased windows 10 Professional and while installing properly, in the my computer property its always showing Windows 10 Home Single Language. I can't understand the reason as either it shouldn't have got installed or the property should appear as Windows 10 Professional 

Can anyone please help me in this regard?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Windows 10 Pro can be installed on a Home edition PC, assuming you have the Windows 10 Pro media,  either by doing a clean install or an upgrade.  Is this your PC or a company owned PC?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi, @Ravehi007 

You cannot clean install W10 Pro when your notebook has a W10 Home product key in the BIOS.

You can keep doing that until the cows come home and you will always get W10 Home.

Please read the info at the link below for how to upgrade from Home to Pro...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12384/windows-10-upgrading-home-to-pro

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanenis correct.  When I stated you have the Windows 10 Pro install media, I meant it has to be purchased and use the product key to activate it.  The upgrade is not free.  Sorry to have mislead you.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion. I have formatted the entire system and then installing the purchased (licensed) MS Windows 10 Professional, but still the concern persists. 

HP Recommended

On a clean install, it will ask for the product key early in the install.  Did you input the product key for Pro at that point?

At any time did the install give you a choice of Windows to install?  The download version will ask which product - a choice between Home versions and Pro for instance.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for all the valuable suggestions. The system bios had to be updated and then then reinstalling the windows software worked.

Thanks all!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.