Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Issue after Windows Update

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-f387wm (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello.  I was shutting down my pc one eveing and it prompted to install Windows Updates.  So i proceeded as have done before.  In the Morning i booted up and receveied this message:

C:\\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable.  If locatgkionis on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connectedor the disk is inserted, and then try again, if the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or internet, and then try again.  If the location still cant be found, it might have been moved or deleted.

Problem i have is i cant locate my disk.  Connected to the interwernt through LAN and nothing.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,706 38,163 3,350 14,098
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1-Have you tried again to shut down and restart? Sometimes that helps.

2-Which disk are you referring to that you can't locate? If you are talking about Windows restore disk- try F11 at power on to boot into Recovery. Follow the guide here:

http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=HPSystemRecovery.net&as=true&SFS=sdoc&section=ccweb

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I tried that but it will not go into settings to allow recovery or into complete reset mode. I'm missing the disc that comes with it when purchased.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation