Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Have a laptop running Win7 HP... hard drive failed, and no way to load OS onto a replacement drive...  would have to do it via Bootable USB created on  another computer. Any thoughts?  Had a similar issue before with my Dell... they sent me a USB, worked but did not have all the drivers and updating and locating was a challenge and waste of valuable time. 🤦‍♂️ 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

HI:

What is the full model number or product number of your notebook?

Use this guide to find that information...

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

If your notebook is 10 or more years old, HP will no longer have drivers for it, but I should be able to help you find the drivers you need.

If you can still read all 25 characters of the W7 product key on your PC's case, I can send you the link to a W7 ISO file you can transfer to a USB flash drive so that it is bootable, but I would need to know what version of Windows you need...Home Premium or Professional.

HP Recommended

Win 7 Home Premium OA 

HP Recommended

Below is the link to the W7 Home Premium 64 bit English (US) ISO file.

https://download.microsoft.com/download/E/A/8/EA804D86-C3DF-4719-9966-6A66C9306598/7601.24214.180801... 

The link will be good for 24 hours from the time of this reply.

You can use the free Rufus utility to transfer the ISO file to a USB flash drive so that it is bootable.

Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

HP Recommended

Thanks, Much Appreciated... have not installed the ISO yet, but im sure it will be fine.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.