Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x 360 14-ba023nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I got a new HP laptop yesterday and am trying to find my way around it. Looking for "My computer" area on HP laptop Pavilion and where to find the Asterisk symbol for Word.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@HelenBT wrote:

Hi,

I got a new HP laptop yesterday and am trying to find my way around it. Looking for "My computer" area on HP laptop Pavilion and where to find the Asterisk symbol for Word.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

@HelenBT

Sorry, I have no idea what is your looking for. I don't think you have My Computer in Windows 10, you can find This PC in File Explorer (old Windows Explorer).

How to access File Explorer: Normally you can see a folder icon on Taskbar, please click (or touch for touchscreen) to it. If not, please try

(a) Hold down Win key then press leter Q,

(b) Type File on the Search box,

(c) Select File Explorer.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you BH for your reply. In fact I found the yellow and blue folder symbol at the bottom which takes me to my folders. As for the Asterisk sign, it is there on the keyboard but very tiny, and I didn't see it until I pressed "F5" to switch on keyboard light.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.