Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre 15-bl012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Working on a project last night, decided to finish up in the morning. Closed the lid on my laptop and called it a night...

Next morning, the laptop remained plugged in over night, opened the lid and nothing, black screen... I pressed the power button and still nothing. I though, that's strange, Ive never had a problem with my laptop before, always fired right up,rather quickly. Thought to myself, maybe the outlet is dead or maybe the original power adaptor shot craps. Nothing I did seemed to make any sort of difference in waking up the laptop... So, I did what any logical person would do in this case, I Googled it...

I was surprised by the results that came up. Complaint after complaint of this happening on peoples fairly newer high end HP laptop computers. That's what actually brought me to this website in the first place. So, after reading through a few of the complaints and possible fixes, I decided to call HP and see what needed to be done to get my computer up and working again. The support person asked the typical questions, model and serial numbers blah blah...After a couple of different troubleshooting steps, there it was, "Sir your motherboard is shot". Oh I said, he came back with "your computer is 35 days out of warranty". I said that I've done some reading and that many people are reporting the same problem with their HP Spectre's. He advised me that there is no know issues with my particular computer, and that the know issue was with the 13" screen Spectre's... I said OK and asked for a price to repair the computer. $495 was his answer!! I was in disbelief. The laptop is 400 days old! The motherboard has failed in 400 days I thought to myself as I began to feel the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. I politely asked for the case number and told him I would have to get back to him on this matter. I thought to myself, I'm going to recheck google with my model number just to make sure of this guys story. Turns out, there is several stories just like mine with the 15" screen as well as the 13" screen. HP, this is a problem. Please advise on the next step on how this can be corrected...

Thanks,

Bob

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BobbyL1

Welcome to HP forums, I see that your notebook motherboard is failed.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I bought an HP Envy laptop exactly 2 years ago as a gift for my brother in Lebanon. Same thing happened to him. He tried to open his laptop after he had used it only a couple of hours before, and it wouldn't turn on! He took it to a repair shop and turns out the motherboard wasn't working anymore. Two years? Really?? What a disappointment from a brand like HP.

HP Recommended

@nouni26

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

Since it is a Motherboard issue, you can still avail the repair for a charge if the Notebook is out of warranty

You can contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.