Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I created another installation tool on the USB. I tried using startup repair, it didn't work. I tried rebuilding my boot configuration data file, didn't work too. I later tried to do clean windows installation, but the installation package couldn't see any drive on my PC to install to despite having internal HDD and SSD drives. Please what other option do I have now?

20220116_132414.jpg

20220116_131520.jpg

20220116_131127.jpg

20220116_133308.jpg

HP Recommended

You don't know the basics. Rebuild bcd is for Legacy and not for UEFI!

On which disk did you install windows?

diskpart
list disk
sel disk X (X=0,1,2..)
list par
list vol
sel par 1 (if it is the Fat32 partition!)
format quick fs=fat32 label="System"
assign letter="B"
exit
bcdboot C:\Windows /l en-US /s B: /f UEFI (if your Windows vol is C)

exit
exit

HP Recommended

Windows is currently on SSD which was showing as disk 1 when my PC was still accessible, I cloned windows to it before cleaning my HDD. The issue is that my PC is not recognizing any of the drives except for the bootable USB drive I inserted, no drive 0,1,2 except drive 0 which is the USB. 

HP Recommended

@Opal3 wrote:

I'm sorry about the confusion. I did clone my HDD using Macrium reflect before wiping it. Here's how I cleaned it:

diskpart

list disk

sel disk 0

list disk

Clean

If you really did it like you posted above, you might have cleaned the complete pc.

After sel disk 0 you can't run list disk and then clean!

Does your BIOS detect any disk?

HP Recommended

Yes, my boot manager is showing the Samsung SSD but it's not booting from it. After I did the "clean" operation, the PC was still working well till I shut it down

HP Recommended

You have to go into BIOS (F10) and check if there is any disk.

Boot Manager means (F9) ? 

Boot from USB and type just

diskpart 

list disk

exit

exit

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.