cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Need Windows 10

HP Recommended
Product name: 21-h010
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I had to recover my computer. it now has windows 8 on it and it originally had windows 10. Now it wont let me download windows 10. Or at least I cant find a windows 10 i can download.

Product number: F3D31AA#ABA

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
25,940 25,872 2,376 5,618
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sward320

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

The HP built-in Recovery function automatically restores the ORIGINAL OS that came preinstalled on the PC.  IF that is what you used and it restored Win8, that means your PC came with Win8 preinstalled, not Win10.  That happens because the files needed for the restore are put there during the factory setup.

I have no idea why it won't let you download Win10, but you should use another PC and this link to download and create the Win10 installation media you need:  Windows 10 download 

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I couldn't use the recovery function on the computer. It told me the partition was missing or the drive where Windows was stored was locked. So I had to use a usb flash drive and downloaded what I thought was Windows 10 from the up website.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I couldn't use the recovery function on the computer. It told me the partition was missing or the drive where Windows was stored was locked. So I had to use a usb flash drive and downloaded what I thought was Windows 10 from the up website.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
25,940 25,872 2,376 5,618
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sward320

Don't know what the "up"  website is -- but you should download Win10 ONLY from Microsoft -- and I already provided you the download link.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Oh my, it was suppose to say Microsoft's website. How it came up with up, I have no clue. And thank you, I'll try it out
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation