Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15 Convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a shiny new HP ENVY x360 15 Convertible PC (Win11) on it's way to replace my aging Dell inspiron 2-in-1 (Win10). 
Does HP provide any migration tools to help import apps etc. or do I need to invest in something like Laplink PC Mover?
I'm sure the answer is buried in the support pages somewhere, but after 45 minutes looking for it, I give up.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP does not supply any programs to transfer files from an old PC to a new one.

This is the only HP support link I could find on the subject...

How to Transfer Files from PC to PC | HP® Tech Takes

HP Recommended

It takes a bit more patience, but your best way to ensure that your new laptop will run your programs properly is to back up all of your files such as documents, photos, music etc.  Make note of any passwords or any other unique account information that may be required.

Install each of the programs and update any access information required, and then transfer your saved files. 

Granted that this is more involved than utilizing a migration program, but over the years I've done a fair number of transfers from an old computer to a new one.  I've used PC Mover as well as Lap Link and while they both generally work well; I've almost inevitably found myself needing to fix some compatibility issues afterwards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.