10 8 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No drivers in Windows 7

HP Pavilion - 15-cc504np
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi there.

I had a big problem with my laptop and I'm fighiting with it in the last two days, so excuse me for the long exaplanation.

The notebook had Windows10 pre-installed in the last 6 months and worked without any problems. Until 2 days ago, when an update of directx froze the OS and I was forced to restart. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to open windows anymore. I got desperate because I need it to work, and tried all the possible combinations of repairing the windows boot throught the initial blue screen and restore points but to no avail. Windows 10 was dead. Since I had no system image or installation disk of any sort, I tried to download windows 10 directly from Microsoft and restore or reinstall from a bootable USB, but I tried 4 times and the installation stopped at the beginning with the famous error 8007025D.

After that, I decided I didn't want Windows 10 anymore and I used my old Windows 7 Professional and after some attemps (and changing partition scheme) I formated my disk and managed to install a clean windows 7.

Of course, I was far from imagining that I wouldn't be able to install the most common drivers, like ethernet, network and USB drivers. So, I can't do much now and I can't even try and see if I can update all the necessary drivers online.

So, the million dollar question: how do I know what the necessary drivers are and how can I install them?

Since I didn't know this notebook was for "windows 10 only", what should I do know?

Regards.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No drivers in Windows 7

Ok, after some search here at the community and google, I found out I would need Intel USB 3.0 extensible host controller driver, Raltek PCIe GBE Family Controller and Intel Dual Band Wireless AC3168, but I had to install version 18.40.0, the most recent ones didn't install, go figure...

Anyway, maybe this can help someone else.

Meanwhile, if someone can comment on this, I'll be much appreciated.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
82,965 82,857 10,401 22,302
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No drivers in Windows 7

@AntMadeira

The following link shows specs of your machine

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05560527

It has Intel 7th genaration, you won't be able to find Windows 7 drivers for it. Intel won't write Windows 7 drivers for  Intel® HD Graphics 620 and other chipsets.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,299 107,480 17,026 26,071
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No drivers in Windows 7

Hi, @AntMadeira

I believe this W7 USB driver directly from Intel will work for your model...

Download, unzip and run the setup application...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Controller-Driver-for-...

Actually, this clever person found a way to get the onboard 7th gen Intel graphics to work on W7 by modifying the W10 graphics driver.

See if the mod works on your model.  You may be able to use the exact same driver he did.  See Bruce BTS' post.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Windows-7-VGA-drivers-Probook-450-G4/...

Are you saying that you got the Intel 3168 wifi adapter to work on W7 by using version 18.40.0???

If that is so, you have found the Holy Grail!  

Nobody thus far has been able to get that wifi adapter to work on W7.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No drivers in Windows 7

I didn't quite understand what you mean. Can you please elaborate?

Windows 7 is recognizing Intel® HD Graphics 620 correctly in the device window.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No drivers in Windows 7

@Paul_Tikkanenwrote:

See if the mod works on your model.  You may be able to use the exact same driver he did.  See Bruce BTS' post.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Windows-7-VGA-drivers-Probook-450-G4/...

Are you saying that you got the Intel 3168 wifi adapter to work on W7 by using version 18.40.0???

@hi, @Paul.

I did. After searching and trying several versions, I managed to install that one. That's how I managed to connect to my modem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No drivers in Windows 7

OK, thanks.

I didn't know you were able to get the graphics to work on W7, which is why I posted the mod.

If it works, great. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No drivers in Windows 7

@Paul_Tikkanenwrote:

OK, thanks.

I didn't know you were able to get the graphics to work on W7, which is why I posted the mod.

If it works, great. 

That was a bad quote from me. I was referring to the wireless drivers you mentioned.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No drivers in Windows 7

Any suggestions about drivers for Elan and synaptics touch pad in Windows 7?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No drivers in Windows 7

Hi:

The touchpad/mouse manufacturers have traditionally included the W7/8/8.1 and W10 drivers in the W10 driver package on each model's support page.

So, unless that has changed very recently, you should be able to use the W10 driver from your notebook's support page.

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation