1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Pre-Installed windows 10 language

HP Recommended
HP pavillion 14 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am a temperory resident in Shanghai China and planning to buy a new laptop. And as I enquired all the laptops are preintalled with chinese version of windows 10 with all branded laptops. Is there anyway to change the language to english. Also where would be the best place to buy laptops in shanghai. It would be great if some one can suggest some reliable and trust worthy online and offline stores.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,296 2,016
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @shaagem, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you would like to know how to change the language on a PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

As you mentioned you are planning to purchase a laptop from China and the preinstalled language is Mandarin. But you would like to know how to change it to English. 

Try the steps recommended below to change the language.

If you change the language and then contact HP Support, HP might not be able to help if the language is different than the language that shipped with the product. The language is part of the product design and HP's support services are set up to match the design of the product.

Follow the steps below to change languages or install additional languages.

1.In Windows, search for and open the Control Panel.

2.Under Clock, Language, and Region, click Add a language.

3.In the Language window, click Add a language.

4.On the Add a language window, scroll down to find the language you want.

5.Select the language. If the language has no regional variants, click Add.

Or, if the language has multiple regional variants, click Open, select the regional variant you want, then click Add.

The Language window reopens with the new language on the list.

6.Click Options next to the language you are adding.

The Language options window opens with any available language packs listed under Windows display language.

7.If a language pack is available, click Download and install the language pack.

8.If prompted, sign in as an administrator.

9.When prompted, click Yes to allow Microsoft Windows Language Pack Installer to make changes to the computer.

The language pack begins to install. This might take several minutes.

The new language is available to everyone who shares the computer.

Refer this article to know more information about changing language on windows 10.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation