08-19-2013 06:29 AM
i am using hp pavillion dv4 1318tu series laptop
Whenever i am installing digital persona softwr it's showing me a message
"the system cannot verify that the fingerprint reader installed
to set up the fingerprint reader on your system install the driver from the application and driver recovery disc"
after completing installation while enrolling finger its showing me a msg fingerprint reader is not connected.
and also in device manager no biometric devices or finger reader like tab is there.
please help me out.
08-19-2013 12:06 PM - last edited on 02-23-2017 09:59 PM by OscarFuentes
Welcome to the HP Forum, dv4.
You do need to get that Validity Sensor Driver installed into the Device Manager before you install the software.
I checked; your system wants to use a pretty old version of Digital Persona -- and that is saying something since the DP software is all vintage at this point.
You might be able to use a more updated version of HP Digital Persona.
All versions of Digital Persona and HP SimplePass (replaced DP on newer notebooks) are sensitive to the "Order of Events". If you don't install things in the right order, then nothing works.
You might get away with a different Driver package (controls the fingerprinter), though this should not be necessary. That means, If you can get the Validity Sensor Driver from YOUR computer's webpage to install, then you should use it. The other driver may or may not work on your hardware.
The following has been extrapolated from instructions written for a System that was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 - hence the instructions for running the software in compatibility mode. The only reason you might need compatibility mode is if you are still running Vista; you would then need to adjust the Compatibility mode settings for that OS.
Rules for Success:
- Driver always installs First
- Then a Reboot / Restart of the computer
- Software always installs Second
- Do not leave out the suggested Reboots; Digital Personal LIKES a nice reboot.
If it Exists,
- Reinstall your existing Fingerprint driver from Windows 7:
Open Control Panel > Device Manager > Open your Biometric Devices >
Right Click on your Validity Sensor Driver > Uninstall (do NOT delete)
- Reboot the Notebook so the driver can reinstall itself as you log in
OR, lacking a biometric driver on the system at this time, then
- Perform a Forced / Hard Power Reset to clear out any persistant "boot to boot" driver issues
- Download and Install the Driver for YOUR system: sp45217 Validity Sensor V2.1.02A
- Reboot the Notebook so the driver can "set" itself in place as you log in
OR, if your driver will not install, you might try:
- Download and install this Driver
- Reboot / Restart your computer and log in
Download and do not yet install this version of Digital Persona security software:
Follow these instructions to install the DP software
I hope this helps solve the issue.
Click the Kudos Star!
It is a great “Thank You” for the Author's efforts.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)