01-01-2014 07:49 AM
I have a HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC that came with Windows 8 installed. I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and there are some things that does not work, thats why I want to make a complete uninstall of the system and reinstall everything. The problem is that I dont have the Windows 8.1 disc to reinstall. I want to install the 8.1 version from scratch or have that install disc as a backup. Is there a way for that?. I know there is a feature in Windows 8.1 that I can restore everything to factory settings, or erase everything and have an HP free windows installation, but I think a complete reinstall will be better. Thanks!.
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | Asus P5QC | 4GB DDR2 800Mhz. Kingston memory | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 | Coolermaster GX750W | Seagate 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5 TB | LG M228WA 22" HD ready widescreen monitor/TV
HP Envy m6-1125dx
01-14-2014 02:16 PM
I saw your post about doing a factory restore on Windows 8.1. It is possible to reinstall Windows 8.1 using the built in recovery tools. When you open the link there is a spot to Remove everything and reinstall Windows.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I work on behalf of HP
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)