Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-dy1074nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 150dy1074nr "HP Laptop" which is a Notebook (aka has no optical drive). It won't boot.  F10 self test shows that there is no hard drive connected, which is very likely an SSD drive problem or a motherboard port problem.

(1) What are the easiest way(s) to test if the problem is the motherboard port, the SSD drive (most likely), or any other problem?  I already re-seeded the SSD drive and this did not help. 

(2) Presuming the issue is the SSD Drive, I'll need a bootable copy of the Windows 10 OS.  I go to HPs cloud recovery tool at   https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4511095-4511141-16 but it clearly states: 

If you purchased your computer before 2016, see HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads for other available recovery options. It does claim that older laptops are being added, but I have no idea when, if ever HP will add my specific 2015 15-dy1074nr, and there seems to be no way to ask them, short of paying $40 for temp support.

I go to the Software and Driver downloads page and I can't find any way to download the Windows 10 O/S to a bootable USB drive.  Does anyone know any work around?

It seems likely I need both another SSD drive ($50/500GB) and a Windows10 O/S ($110), and possibly at bootable flash drive of Win10 size (128Gig ?)($40?).  For all this I'm thinking I might be able to buy a used notebook.  Any thoughts? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.