Vulcaninsity
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Trying to save files after complete freeze

HP Recommended
HP Notebook Model 14-am078am
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A few days ago my windows tried to run an update while I was away, which I'm not sure succeeded. After I logged back in, my laptop was running incredibly slowly and kept freezing completely for several minutes at a time, so I tried restarting it.

Now, every time it tries to start up, it will reach the HP logo with a spinning white ring, where it will sit for around 15 minutes before going to a completely black/grey screen and staying there permanently. When I try to boot it in recovery mode by restarting it three times, it takes a long time to get there but eventually reaches the blue troubleshooting menu.

From this menu, all the options tell me they have failed and direct me to a different part of the menu, and some are completely greyed out. I'm not all too worried about the laptop itself, but I would like to be able to get some of my files and pictures off it, as I had stupidly not backed them up.

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,944 2,571
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Vulcaninsity,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

If you have important data on the computer, I recommend you remove the hard drive from the computer and connect to another computer and copy all the data.

Follow the steps in the below article to resolve the boot issue you are facing with the computer.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04718479

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation