Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp laptop older
Unknown

I have to sign on with a password ever time I open the laptop. How do I turn this off so I can just open and begin. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jkirkco,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Let's try these steps here: 

Option 1: Remove Windows 10 sign in password with command on login screen.

1. Click the ease of access icon, and Command Prompt is open.

2. Type the net user command to remove Windows 10 login password.

Type command "net user <username> *" and press Enter twice, and the user password will be removed.

3. Close Command Prompt window and sign in Windows 10 without password.

Option 2:  To remove the password from Windows 10, just follow these simple steps.

1. Type netplwiz in the search box at the bottom left corner of the desktop. Then click on “netplwiz” on the pop-up menu.

2. In User Accounts dialog box, uncheck the box next to Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Then click OK button.

3. To ensure the operation is authorized, you are required to enter and confirm your password. Enter Password and Confirm Password, then click OK button.

4. Restart your PC then you can log in without using a password.

Option 3: Remove Windows 10 Password after Signing in with Administrator

1. Click Start from right edge of the desktop screen, and choose Settings > Accounts.

2. Tap Sign-in options and under Password, click Change.

3. Verify the current password for your administrator.

4. Leave the New passwordReenter password, and Password hint fields blank. Click Next and then tap on Finish to remove current user password.

Now if you sign out and try to sign in with the same administrator again, you will find no password is required to access Windows 10 computer.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.