01-17-2014 12:35 PM
Using a HP Pavilion 17-e049wm Notebook PC
Recently updated from Windows 8 Pro with Media Center to Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.
Now the USB fax modem that worked fine with the previous os is having issues -
Whenever I start Windows Fax and scan, it tries to send out a fax that I've previously canceled and have trtied to delete entirely. In order to stop the fax from redialing and attempting to go out, I have to either unplug the modem from the computer or go into task manager, go to the services tab, and stop the fax service from running entirely.
I spent serveral hours with a MS answer desk tech and they finally decided there was no resolution other than the modem is an incapatable device to 8.1, and they refunded the tech support fee.
The modem is a Star Tech USB56KEM3, and I keep getting updates for the device through Windows update as well.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)