Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to deploy OSD image using SCCM 2012 to EliteDesk 800 G3 Mini

EliteDesk 800 G3 Mini
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We are using SCCM 2012 R2 to deploy an OSD image on Windows 7 x64 Professional.   I have downloaded and created a driver package for the EliteDesk 800 G3 MIni using the driver packages downloaded using the HP Softpaq Download Manager.   I have set "Legacy Support Enable and Secure Boot Disable" in the Secure Boot Configuration in the CMOS.   The device is able to boot to PXE,  will load the operating system image, appears to load device drivers, then fails on the first boot of Windows.  

Is there any suggestions of any other CMOS settings or driver issues that may be contributing to this issue?

Thank you for any suggestions!

Shawn

1 REPLY 1
benwatt Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to deploy OSD image using SCCM 2012 to EliteDesk 800 G3 Mini

You've probably sorted this since you posted, but just in case, as I came across your thread whilst looking for the answer myself, here's what fixed it for me.

The problem is that the Mini uses NVMe SSD drives. These were not supported by Windows 7 until hotfix KB2990941 was released. In some cases this hotfix caused bluescreen errors, so hotfix 3087873 was released to fix that. Newer versions of Windows already have support for NVMe drives.

Basically, I had to request these hotfixes from Microsoft, and then I added them directly to the Windows 7 image via DISM. After that, I could image any of these Mini devices (any others that have NVMe drives) successfully.

I came across this blog that talks about this, but was unable to get their suggested method to work, so went down the DISM route instead.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation