11-28-2012 03:40 PM
Generic question - officially Win8 requires CPU's with SSE2, PAE, and NX.
Some Pentium M's were manufactured with SSE2, but without PAE or NX.
I had heard there was an alternative Setup.exe in \Source\ that bypassed the checking step in Setup. I do not know if this was in Preview or in RTM.
For real legacy stuff, has anyone else heard of this, and once installed (if it gets installed) does Win8 work or are there other "hacks" that need to be made?
11-28-2012 03:45 PM
The procedure in the following weblink might help you :
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)