cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CDNMoose
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows 10 Home Device Encryption Supported on HP Spectre X360?

HP Recommended
Spectre X 360 4130
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

Yesterday (May 2016) I purchased an HP Spectre X360 model 4130 at Costco.  Lovely looking machine, beautiful screen and excellent sound all at a great price.

However, after researching on the web for hours and even calling HP Tech Support, I'm beginning to wonder that this i7 with SSD may not support the very basic feature of Windows 10 Home Device Encryption.

Elsewhere on the forums, you can see an old thread on this subject (>1 year ago).  But this is a new machine.

The machine definitely has TPM as I can see on the BIOS.  Does it have everything else needed for Windows 10 Home Device Encryption?  I would like to encrypt my HD in case it is ever stolen.

If this is not possible, alas, I will have to either return the machine or shell out $100 for Windows 10 Pro with Bitlocker.

Thank you for any comments or suggestions.  I know other products exist, I would just like to use what's in Windows 10 Home already.

Best Wishes from Canada!

3 REPLIES 3
CDNMoose
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Additional, here is the other thread I was referring to.  It's from 2014.  Hopefully HP has solved this issue by now!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Spectre-13-Device-Encryption/td-...

I have a much newer machine.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
jd111
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Was this ever resolved?

0 Kudos
Obie1977
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could someone at HP acknowledge whether or not activating Bitlocker (after upgrading to Win 10 Pro) is recommended on the Spectre x360???

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation