Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProBook 440 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I have a problem with Win10x64 freezings on several notebooks ProBook 440 G5 and ProBook 430 G5 series.

All notebooks have SSD disks, 440's initially and in 430's I put it by myself, system was installed two or one month ago for everyone notebooks.

So problems has arises when I'm working in the Office program 2007 and 2010 version and only if I'm trying to attaching some file(s) to excel file or outlook message and only if I did it through the "Attach file" or "Attach" -> "Object" buttons.

After that, the explorer opens without file list but only white windows into explore frame, the system freezing, mouse or touchpad and keyboard not responding and the only way for me to reboot the system is to force to push the power button.

This happens randomly and only with notebooks with SSD (at least same models with HDD works fine with this).

What I'm tried to do:

1) Reinstall the Office program

2) Made a fixed cache for disk

3) Use this command for diagnostic and repairing system

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Can you help me something please?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Dmitry010203 

I'm sorry, but we have no ability to debug issues with MS Office applications ourselves. For these issues, you really have to contact Microsoft.

And that brings up another issue ... MS considers Office 2007 to be incompatible with Win10, and Office 2010 is borderline.  This means that they have no interest in fixing any issues that those Office versions have with Win10 because they basically want to push everyone into Office 365.

So, using such very old Office products with a modern MS OS is going to have serious issues.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello!

Thanks for your answer. I did what you recommended for me (deleted MO 2007 and installed 2016), but it doesn't eliminate the problem absolutely. Rather decrease a little. 

So far my notebook begin freeze on any random operations like if I open .pdf files or work with the system explorer. I'm tried all of this solutions from this article except replace SSD:

https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/win10-freezes-randomly.html

, plus updated BIOS to the last version, but it didn't help me eventually.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.