15 7 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Windows 10 is the Issue

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ay513tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have been using windows for these past few month. I hate to tell this Window 10 is a **bleep** and terrible. Its making my PC slow. When i brought this PC the HP Website shown That windows 7 64 Bit is Supported. But when i installed windows 7 its not taking the USB Drivers, and then i phoned HP Customer Services. They told me that this PC only supports Windows 10.

So is there any way to install Windows 7 64Bit in My PC windows 7 is the best

1 REPLY 1
Level 21
Level 21
126,348 116,529 18,922 28,886
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to use the below utility to put the USB3 drivers into your W7 installation flash drive.

There is a readme file on the webpage with instructions...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/NUCs-Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

Select the file version for the operating system that you plan to run the utility on.

If you have already installed W7, and just need the USB driver, then download, unzip and run the setup application from the link below...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Controller-Driver-for-...

If you have a W7 installation DVD or know how to convert the file on the flash drive to a DVD, you can install W7 that way without any problem.

I do not know how to convert a W7 installation flash drive to a DVD.  Google it.  No doubt there is a way.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation