Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-dw1001nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After updating the computer drivers via Qbit driver booster, my computer did not turn back on when I wanted to restart it. It's stuck on the "Preparing repair" screen. How can I make a recovery without my information being deleted

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

First off, it's generally a BAD idea to use third=party apps to "update" your drivers as they can easily install the WRONG drivers, which will render your PC useless.

Second, what is known as a "recovery" is not that at al; -- because nothing you have now in terms of data or apps is actually recovered.  Instead, it is a Clean Install in which Windows is reinstalled from scratch and everything you added since you first started using it is gone.

So basically, the answer is NO -- you can't do a recovery and retain anything.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Remember that there is always a chance.

We were able to turn on the computer and recover the data without resetting it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.