9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,563 42,352 6,757 11,802
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Look along the top row of keys....i.e. the function keys. There should be one or two with what looks like a "sun" icon. Thats brightness....try tapping that key or that key in combination with fn key...

Now to answer without taking a guess can we have the model number of the laptop? 

Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
24 24 2 4
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

In addition here's an article from How To Geek with a section that lays out how to turn down the brightness from settings menus for Windows 7 Link

Hope that helps,
Clayton

I am an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 1
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried this.many time.it didnt work.seems like my function keys are locked.dont know what.just now discovered that my product name is ''HP Notebook - 15-ac122tu'' plz help.

Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

And who put Windows 7 on it? The screen brightness adjustment requires a proper video and chipset driver.

Here are all the Windows 7 drivers:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-ac100-notebook-pc-series/8499326/model/881935...

If you look in device manager what does it say under "display adapter"? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 1
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

''standard VGA graphics adapter'' this is what written under......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 1
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

should I install all drivers or which one?or anyone will do?by the way I checked everywhere possible.the ''brightness'' option is missing.someone put the windows,not me.coz I dont know how to...help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 1
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

which chipset driver i have to install please reply

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can stop trying to figure it out. I was pretty sure it would be standard vga adapter and for once I am right. Thats the problem. Its probably looking and running pretty badly at this point. 

You are going to need to install all those HP drivers on the Windows 7 page. Obviously you only need one video and one wireless etc. 

When you use the link I gave make sure it says Windows 7 64 bit (tell me please you installed 64 bit Windows).

You are going to need all the listed chipset drivers. Each one of those is for a separate piece of hardware. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 1
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1)HP 3D DriveGuard Software (HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection) 2)Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver  3)Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Client Driver - Broadwell/Haswell  4)Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver  5)Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface Driver, these are the only 5 softwares listed in the page you gave link,and yes they are all 64-bit.if i install all of them, will my problem be solved?

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation