Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-p087ca Notebook PC

camera and microphone stopped working not in device manager  is this fixable or must teardown and repair tried all settings and resets

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @joseph166,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

I understand that you are facing issues with the webcam.

Use these steps to troubleshoot and repair your webcam.

• NOTE: Depending on your version of Windows, some graphics and information in this document might vary. You can get the latest version from the Microsoft Store.
  • Certain HP notebooks, monitors, and All-in-One computers come with built-in webcams that you can use to capture video motion or still images. A webcam is a video input device, similar to a scanner or camera, and requires software to function. The two most common types of software that use webcams are internet messaging software (for making video calls over the internet), and video editing software (for creating and sharing video files).

Locate and toggle the webcam privacy switch or press the webcam shutter key

• Select HP notebook models come with a webcam privacy switch or a webcam shutter key that turns the webcam off and on. By default, the webcam is turned on. You might need to turn the webcam on if it has been turned off.
  • NOTE: Your HP notebook might also have a webcam privacy cover. Slide the cover right to uncover the webcam.

Click here for the remaining steps and follow them as instructed.

Click here for Microphone troubleshooting. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.