rolyarq
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

error 0xc0000221

HP Recommended
hp pavillon dv6 notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello , I have a notebook what original has as operative system windows 7, this was updated to windows 10, I am trying to restore windows with original format and when restart the screen is en blue and sey that i var an error 0xc0000221, I have attached a picture, I dont have any recovery tool, What can I do? thnaks

1 REPLY 1
ieee488
Level 8
1,263 1,227 38 106
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@rolyarq wrote:

Hello , I have a notebook what original has as operative system windows 7, this was updated to windows 10, I am trying to restore windows with original format and when restart the screen is en blue and sey that i var an error 0xc0000221, I have attached a picture, I dont have any recovery tool, What can I do? thnaks

Because it was updated to Windows 10, you have a digital license for Windows 10.

If you need to replace your hard drive, do so.

Then re-load Windows 10 from scratch.

If you have data files that you want to back up, you would need to either:

1. remove the hard drive and connect to another PC using a USB-SATA adapter

or

2. boot into Linux using USB flash drive and copy files to USB flash drive #2 - this requires that you are comfortable with Linux

Post back if you have questions.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation