09-04-2013 11:36 AM
Hi, I have an HP Pavilion 17-e050sm laptop, and I wanted to know how can I make the Funtion key work?. I jsut keep trying but it doesnt work, for example i can turn of the wifi (pressing fn+f12), non of the fn works. Can someone please help me?
PS: I´ve alreday updated the driver HP Wireless Button Driver2012-11-14 , Version18.104.22.168, 2.67M
09-05-2013 05:07 PM
I have an HP pavilion quad-core and the buttons are switched from how you think they should be.
IE when I press the F-12 wifi button, it turns the wifi off. When I want to use the "F12" button, I have to press the fn+F12 button.
So try just pressing the button without pressing hte fn and see if that works.
My posts may not be helpful.
My posts do not reflect the opinions or views of Hewlett-Packard.
06-27-2014 02:16 PM
Finally found the solution after 3 weeks. Tried and manupulated all drivers and NIC lan card of my hp laptop dv6 7011tx.
UNINSTALL HP Quick Launch which caused the whole lot of problems and do the following
- Shut down laptop
- Remove power cable & battery
- Press power switch for 30 sec
- Attach power
- Power up laptop without battery
- Switch on wifi ---it works
- Now switch on the laptop with battery
HP quick launch describes itself as "
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)