06-01-2016 12:14 AM
I have problem with my hp. My laptop fails to load Windows. The HP UEFI diagnostics for hard disk failed the Short DST test with failure code: gw586w-61u84r-mfpx01-60r103. Product id: a9x10ea#akd. It is not under warranty and no cd-rom, how I can recover the system?
06-01-2016 01:34 AM - edited 06-01-2016 01:37 AM
Normally a short or long DST code indicates that the hard disk has failed or is failing.
That normally means that replacing the hard disk and reinstalling the operating system is the only viable means to resolve the problem.
Sometimes, and I must tell you that it does not work very often, reseating the hard disk by removing and replacing it resolves the issue.
See the hard disk drive assembly video at the followng official HP web URL for .
You can purchase a replacement mibile (notebook)hard disk from a local or online vendor.
If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button
I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)