Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (100 Views)

hard disk short DST: failed

Product Name: hp mini 210-460ew
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have problem with my hp. My laptop fails to load Windows. The HP UEFI diagnostics for hard disk failed the Short DST test with failure code: gw586w-61u84r-mfpx01-60r103. Product id: a9x10ea#akd. It is not under warranty and no cd-rom,  how I can recover the system?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (82 Views)

Re: hard disk short DST: failed

[ Edited ]

Normally a short or long DST code indicates that the hard disk has failed or is failing.  

That normally means that replacing the hard disk and reinstalling the operating system is the only viable means to resolve the problem. 

Sometimes, and I must tell you that it does not work very often, reseating the hard disk by removing and replacing it resolves the issue.

See the hard disk drive assembly video at the followng official HP web URL for .

http://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=5145732&MEID=22BBD688-A54A-4FA3-B751-2A7067A5B29E

You can purchase a replacement  mibile (notebook)hard disk from a local or online vendor. 

The specifications:  6.35-cm (2.5-in) hard drives in 9.5-mm (.37-in) and 7.0-mm (.28-in) thicknesses
It is recommended to use a SATA drive that is 750 GB or less capacity. 

You should be able  purchase recovery media from the following HP Partner. If they have a usb flashdrive version, request that since there is no need for an external USB optical drive. If they only sell the Recovery DVD disk set, then you will need  to use an external USB optical drive

HP does not stock or sell recovery media for PCs or notebooks that have been released to the market for more than three years. 

If any of my posts help you or guide you on your way to resolve your issue, you can click on the purple Thumbs up + icon to say thanks.

If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button

I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation