Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Sir. with old windows my softwares like Adobe after effects, Illustrator, autodesk Maya were working fine and smooth, as i have HP- OMEN with NVIDIA card and it's a good gaming laptop. i was in  a training so i added and removed many softwares and my space was getting lower. i had only 25 GB left in C which was not enough for running my softwares so i made a mistake to reinatall windows. Now. i downloaded it from HP site ( if i could find the link i'll post) and i'm calling it terrible because my softwares are not working smoothly, they get crashed and take ages to open and close. you know how frustrating it gets for a designer who is waiting for render out and their system gets hanged.  i'm having issues like my laptop gets hanged it doesn't even open task maganer when i long press ALT+CTRL+DEL i have to then restart it by power button. and many other issue too can't list all of them 😞

HP Recommended

Hi

You tried

(Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey

Mine is

(Get-WmiObject -query ‘select * from SoftwareLicensingService’).OA3xOriginalProductKey

so that should have worked.  I also use Belarc Advisor to print out the config and licences of installed software.

You should still concentrate on creating your own recovery media.

Consider Ccleaner, Defraggler both from pirisoft to try and straighten out your existing partition.

HP Recommended

Hi

Is this the model?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-15-ax000-laptop-pc/10862325/model/13443050

If not can you link to the correct one please.

HP Recommended

@MissKhan1 wrote:

Now. i downloaded it from HP site ( if i could find the link i'll post)

HP does not offer Windows to be downloaded.

HP Recommended

@MissKhan1

In terms of your comments ...

25GB is more than enough to "run software" -- I have several PCs that have less free space than that, and they run all their apps without issues.  So, I have no idea what you're using that needs MORE than 25GB of free space just to run!

Reinstalling Win10 will, only temporarily, free up space if you reinstall it.  But almost immediately, it will start using up space because it will start downloading and installing Windows Updates.  And the space those take is NOT freed up when the Updates are done.

However, here are some things you can do to recover some of the "disk" space:  
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3012-disk-cleanup-open-use-windows-10-a.html
http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-clean-up-winsxs-folder-in-windows-10/

Also, the community Win10 Forums has the following suggestions:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/83441-free-up-drive-space-windows-10-a.html

And, as already mentioned, HP does NOT provide downloads of Windows. So, I have no idea where you got Windows.

One reason it COULD be taking a long time to open apps after a recent Windows reinstall is that Windows Update will then be running, and that takes up a LOT of processing and disk power while running, and that will continue until it is done.  That could easily take several hours to complete.  So, forcing a Win10 reinstall only made the performance matter worse, not better.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

You are right sir about 25 Gb space. i was un aware of that that's why i'm calling it a stupid mistake of reinstalling windows. & now i'm also worried about where did i get  that windows a from as i can't find that link too from where i downloaded it. i always save links. May be it was some media creation thing. God i don't remmeber i think. 

Plus. No it's not slower because of the updates, it happen to crash and hang often i use Adobe Illustrator.  

Anyhow. My main concern is to get to factory reset point so that i can undo whatever wrong windows installtion i've done. 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi

Therefore this may be relevant...

This is an update to something that should already be installed...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-15-ax000-laptop-pc/10862325

HP Recovery Manager Update

18.10 Rev.A 1.3 MB Jul 17, 2017 Download

Perhaps you sould take a moment to re-arrange your thoughts, and then form an action plan?

You know that there is plenty of support here, when/if needed.

HP Recommended

@MissKhan1

To do a factory reset, if F11 does not do that for you by launching the HP Recovery Manager, then you need HP Recovery Media -- and the HP product page link you included in your post as a link at the bottom of the page you can  use to order that.

Also, my guess, since you mentioned it, was that you used a link from Microsoft to download and create the media. That can be used to reinstall Win10 on your PC, but you would then need to use the HP product page link in your thread to download the HP drivers and install them.  The PLUS of doing it that way is that you don't have to pay $40 USD (or so) for the media and you don't have to wait for it to be shipped to you; the MINUS of doing it that way, is that you have to download and install the HP drivers yourself.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.