04-02-2014 01:10 PM
Hello, my name is Hannah.
Recently, my father bought me a used laptop from a pawn shop family friend.
when i got the laptop, all these windows kept popping up about cleaning it up. virus scans and all this. I've no idea how to work a computer. I don't know if i am to run these cleaning scans beacuse they try to charge me for them. "RegClean Pro" is what it is and it says 129 registry errors found. if i click on fix issues, it ask for a credit card. that may be a scam but the others i do not know. and also, the battery does not and refuses to hold charge. to keep the laptop on, i have to have the chrger in 24/7. i got the thing to help with college and i've no idea what to do or how to fix it. i do not have the money to take it to a shop and get it fixed. i'm also afraid of doing or clicking anything and breaking it or crashing it or something like that. i'm highly frustrated please help!
04-02-2014 08:42 PM - last edited on 04-20-2016 12:45 PM by OscarFuentes
The previous owner evidently picked up a lot of malware on the laptop. Do not pay for any of those scams!
A System Recovery will wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows:
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)