Did you mean: 
jojo67
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

i can log onto laptop, however, cannot open any applications

HP Recommended
HP Intel Core i5

My laptop was running very slowly, so i got an alert that drivers needed to be updated.  i updated drivers, everything was going beautifully.  Now when i log onto my HP Laptop Intel Core i5, i cannot open any applications ?    I have wireless connetion at the house. 

I got an error message pertaining to something about BIOS

Can someone help?

4 REPLIES 4
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jojo67,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding issues with apps not opening on the computer. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a recent software or windows update?
  • Did you run hardware diagnostics on the computer to eliminate hardware failures?
  • Please let me know the complete model# or product# of the computer with the operating system installed to assist you better.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
jojo67
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
HP Probook 650 G1, 1993, product I’d is F2R74UT#ABA. Processor type is Intel(r) Core(TM) i5-4200m CPU @ 2.50 GHz.. BIOS Date 9/26/16. BIOS revision L77 Ver. 01.39 . serial number CNU34798VN. Operating system image 13WWCYAW601#SABA#DABA. I did a driver update, worked faster and did well for one day. Came back next day and can’t open apps!! Hope this helps
0 Kudos
jojo67
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Did a Systems Fast Check, battery ok, passed processor check, passed wireless module check, passed system board, hard drive SMART check, passed hard drive Short DST check, and passed memory fast check
0 Kudos
jojo67
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I did install Driver Update by Slimware last week, doing Extensive Systems check now
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation