Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I would like to know how to reset my computer. I follow the steps, you provide in your web page but when I arrive to put my product ID, the system doesnt reconise the code and wont let me go ahead with the recovery procedure.

How can I pass this step?

my product id is : V7S49LA#AKH

LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU BEST REGARDS

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

That means that you are incorrectly inputting the serial number of your laptop.

I suggest taking a photo of it with your phone.

You can enter the BIOS  with a tap of the F10 key.

In the System Information tab you will see the serial number. 

Otherwise you can download an ISO of the Windows 10 OS and use RUFUS with a blank USB flash drive to install the operating system

RUFUS

https://rufus.ie/en/

Is your version in Italian or another language?

"To obtain the Italian version of the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, you can visit the official Microsoft website. There, you’ll find the option to download the tool and create installation media for Windows 10 in Italian. This will allow you to install or reinstall Windows 10, and the page provides detailed instructions on how to use the tool for your specific needs. Remember to select the Italian language when prompted during the download process."

Creare supporti di installazione per Windows - Supporto tecnico Microsoft

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.