Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP15-BS212WM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My personal laptop was bought with windows 10 its setup with ([Personal Information Removed]) I took it to work the [Personal Information Removed] was set up on a **bleep** acct. I set up a **bleep** ( [Personal Information Removed]) I quit 8/2/21 the company owner said he only changed the [Personal Information Removed], but the same evening my windows files have nothing  in them just (file folder)  my word & excel are still on my yahoo email ,I had banking ,insurance, pictures or do i need to update windows10....     My friend said to go in and upload my old information from a few days before he changed the password ! I THINK AS RETALIATION FOR NOT GIVING 2WEEK NOTICE HE SCEWED ME AND DUMPED MY STUFF AND KEPT HIS !!!  Please help if ya'll can to get my photo back , I'M SO SAD!!

P Hink
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Trish357 

Changing a password only will not affect ANY of the files you had saved on the laptop.  All that would do is force the usage of a different password to login using your old account.

Adding a new account also would not affect any of the files that existed under your old account.

However, adding a new account and removing your old account would remove your files -- so if your files are gone, this is more likely what was done to it.

In order to recover old files (that were not deleted) from your laptop, you need to have physical access to the drive, be able to remove it, and then connect it to a working PC.  If you can not do these, your files are gone.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hey @Trish357 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

Regards,

MarcusC

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.