Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fa0000 (680A2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

my notepad keeps on trying to open a file and shows a error stating session expired cannot open this file

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Rachit16,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15 is encountering an issue when trying to open a file, and it's displaying an error message stating "session expired" and cannot open the file. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot this issue.

• Restart Your Laptop: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve many software-related issues. Try restarting your laptop and see if the problem persists.
  • Check File Permissions: Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to access the file you're trying to open. If it's located on a network drive or shared folder, make sure you have the appropriate permissions set up.
  • Clear Cache and Cookies: If the file is being accessed online or through a web browser, clearing your browser's cache and cookies might help. This action can often resolve issues related to expired sessions.
  • Update Software: Make sure your operating system and any relevant software (such as the application used to open the file) are up to date. Updates often include bug fixes that can resolve issues like this.
  • Try Opening the File with a Different Program: If possible, try opening the file with a different program. This can help determine if the issue is specific to one application or if it's a more general problem.
  • Check for File Corruption: It's possible that the file itself is corrupted. Try opening other files to see if you encounter similar issues. If only one file is causing the problem, it might be corrupted and may need to be repaired or replaced.

By following these steps, you should hopefully be able to resolve the issue and open your files without encountering the "session expired" error.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.