11-17-2016 01:46 PM
In my system properties under system protection, the c drive sys pro is on but on my d drive (restore) the sys pro is off. Should i turn it on?
Is it able to vreate sys restore points when the sys protection is off?
11-17-2016 02:21 PM
Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for your post.
Probably you have one HDD drive and C:\, D:\, etc.. - these are not called drives but partitions - part of the whole thing - one HDD. No problem.
The D:\ partition is usually your recovery partition and Windows System Restore is off there for a reason - you should not and need not to attempt to turn it on. This drive should have no changes usually - its purpose is to keep the original version of your operating system, settings, drivers, original image and to be able to restore your PC to factory default condition.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Use the button to accept this post as a solution if your problem is solved
* * * IT_WinSec : I am not employed by HP Inc. I am a volunteer and I express personal opinion only. I work in IT and cyber security
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)