cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

product key recover

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi. i am soham prajapati. i am from india. and i need your help.  

my laptop is formatted. and i have no backup. so my windows licenses key is deleted. so how can backup my licenses key please help me. my laptop model is "HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC" and this serial number is "[Personal Information Removed]" please check in your database. and inform me please. i request you ....and yes "[Personal Information Removed]" this outlook mail account is use into licenses windows. so please match this account with your database and please replay me. i am waited for your replay. please help me.  

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,241 86,126 10,950 23,520
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The key is in the BIOS of your machine, please use the following tool to get it:

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

When run this tool, it produces a report, scroll down to Software Management section. Windows 8, 8.1 or 10  product key is in there.

You can also use the following tool to find out:

https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hay..but i am purches my leptop in2014. and after 2015 my leptop is formetted. and now this time i have use windoes 7. so how to knowing my windows 8.1 licenses key. first time (purchase time) company intall the windows 8.1. so this time company is register windows product key in his company database.with serial number so please match to my serial number. and your atteched link is not usefull for me so please check in company database. my sirial number is "[Personal Information Removed]"  and model name is "HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,241 86,126 10,950 23,520
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you run the first tool yet ? Read the report.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,666
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> but i purchased my leptop in2014. and after 2015 my leptop is formatted.

Your computer was originally shipped with Windows 8.

So, at any time, you are allowed to reinstall Windows 8 (and take the free upgrade to 8.1).

Does your disk-drive still have the "System Recovery" partition, or did you delete that, when you installed Windows 7?

If so, you can reboot, and choose to boot from that partition, to reinstall Windows 8, without needing to enter a product-key.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes ....so any solution ??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,666
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> any solution ??

You have been given several recommendations.  Which one(s) have you tried?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation