03-16-2012 04:03 AM
I have a problem with restoring my computer to the original factory setting because my recovery file had been deleted and the sticker on the back surface was not clear.
my device HP pavilion dv3-2165ee
operating system VISTA 32-bit
I need to restore my OEM product key please
with best regards
03-16-2012 01:26 PM - last edited on 04-19-2016 09:13 AM by OscarFuentes
You won't be able to retrieve the key as neither HP or Microsoft will have any record of this.
However, you can order a replacement set of Recovery Discs using the link below - using these discs to reinstall your operating system will not require you to enter the Product Key.
If you have any problem with this link, order them directly from HP.
If you live in the US, contact HP Here.
If you are in another part of the world, start Here.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)