Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unable to create HP recovery media

HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried on a few separate occasions recently to create recovery media for my Notebook.

I am using a 32GB flash drive. I get through the 'Prepare Disc' stage, together with the 'Copy Image' stage, and reach 26% on the 'Verify Disc' stage, when I get a HP Recovery Manager message, 'We are experiencing errors in revovery media creation. Please try again'.

Concerned that I am unable to create the recovery media, concerned that the recovery media creator will think I have had my one chance to create.

Any help/suggestions welcome.......

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
9525 9522 886 2578
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HERE IS A DOCUMENT on the topic of Creating Recovery Media.  This might apply:

The HP recovery manager software is not compatible with many USB storage devices larger than 32GB. HP Recovery Manager displays the total size of the source files when going through the creation process. You can stop at this screen during the creation process to know what size of storage device you should use. Use a storage device that is larger than the size of the source files, but not larger than 32GB.
Also, USB flash drives that are branded with the Windows 8 compatible logo do not work. USB devices with this logo are set up to work with Microsoft's Windows 8 To Go feature and do not display in Windows as an external device. Instead, they function in Windows like an internal hard drive and appear as a Local Disk. Since HP recovery creation software looks for external media, a USB storage device with the Windows 8 compatible logo does not appear in the list of devices (and cannot be used as recovery media).
{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
Lorraine55 Tutor
Tutor
5 3 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having exactly the same problem apart from the fact i only get to Copy Image' stage, and reach 20% on the 'Verify Disc' stage, when I get a HP Recovery Manager message, 'We are experiencing errors in recovery media creation. Please try again'.  I am not using a windows 8 usb.  i really hope somebody can help

@jblion wrote:

I have tried on a few separate occasions recently to create recovery media for my Notebook.

I am using a 32GB flash drive. I get through the 'Prepare Disc' stage, together with the 'Copy Image' stage, and reach 26% on the 'Verify Disc' stage, when I get a HP Recovery Manager message, 'We are experiencing errors in revovery media creation. Please try again'.

Concerned that I am unable to create the recovery media, concerned that the recovery media creator will think I have had my one chance to create.

Any help/suggestions welcome.......

Thanks

I really hoping somebody can help

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9525 9522 886 2578
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since this is a "me too" response, it might be good to give better information.  If the model in this post has USB 3.0 ports, are you using USB 3.0 media.  Try using USB ports and USB 2.0 media.  Depending on the age of the PC, it might not be compatible with the media that is being tried.  I have heard of USB 3.0 media not working for certain tasks, I do not know why.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation