09-15-2010 04:17 PM
I have a Windows 7 64 bit dv7 laptop. I had closed it to go do something, and when I came back and opened my laptop, an error message instantly appeared.
"The instruction at 0xfaaf114c referenced memory at 0xffffffff. The memory could not be read.
Click on OK to terminate the program."
Clicking on either the X at the top right or clicking on OK both close the window but an identical one replaces it. If I look under the task manager, there are around 20 instances of wermgr.exe. It doesn't use up any cpu that I can see, just memory. Is there any way to stop this?
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)