Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Annoying keyboard clicks

HP 15-F211WM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had this computer less than a week and I already hate it. 

I like to listen to music while using my computers. The computer's keyboard makes an annoying click with each keystroke when the sound is on. If I don't want to listen to the sounds, I can't listen to music. I have tried all of the suggestions in other posts, however it appears most of them are for Window 7 as they don't follow on this operating system.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 714 1,904
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Annoying keyboard clicks

Hi  @rozzi80,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

Thank you for joining the HP Forum community.  It is a great resource for information, tips, and solutions that have helped others. Here is a link  as a guide should you have any concerns or questions about the process.;

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that you find the keyboard loud when typing and it is annoying as you like to listen to music while using the computer.

Would you please check these settings:

• Press the Windows key and type keyboard
  • Select Ease of Access keyboard settings
  • Under Toggle keys, turn off "Hear a tone when you press the Caps lOck, Num Lock and Scroll lock.
  • Now look for the "Filter Keys option
  • Turn off beeps when keys are pressed or accepted.

Please let me know the outcome.

When you have resolved your difficulty, would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them. To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation