16031 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios Update taking far too long to download!

Pavilion Notebook N7K30EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

2 days ago I clicked to download HP Bios updates which were flagged as needed.  After about 14 hours (8 hours of which was overnight - does installation stop when laptop not touched for hours??) installation not completed.  After a few more hours I clicked "stop" as was unsure that this Bios update was actually needed - or working properly.  Later in the day I clicked to restart the download.  Now it's maybe 24 hours later.  

So my questions are: 1.When can I expect this download to complete?  and

2. As I did not switch off the laptop between the first & second attempt to download will there be an excess of data in the system?  If so what should I do???

3 REPLIES 3
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1363 1341 114 377
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is the direct download link for the BIOS update: HP Notebook System BIOS Update N7K30EA

Here is the software download page for your system.

If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

0 Kudos
16031 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You've kindly given me 2 links.  However I have left the BIOS update downloading.  Should i now abort this and then go to the links you've given?  Presumably- if I do abort the download -  I should log out & switch off the laptop before restarting & using the links??

I just want to make sure I understand what you're telling me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1363 1341 114 377
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, you can safely abort the current download.

Download happens first, then installation.

It will not hurt anything to abort the download but once installation has started you do not want to interrupt it.

Use the first link to download the BIOS update file. Make note of the download location.

Locate the downloaded file and double click it to begin installation.

You should be connected to A/C power during the BIOS update.

You can check your current BIOS version by typing  msinfo32   into the windows search bar then under system summary you will see the current BIOS version and date.

The new BIOS version will be:   F.80 Rev.A   July 5,2016

Capture.JPG

If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation