Johnr8
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Boot loop issue

HP Recommended
HP Zbook 15u G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help! After installing some basic window updates today I had to restart by laptop. It now just says ‘progress’ and does not open the desktop. 

I tried restarting several time’s. Same issue.

I have also run various diagnostic checks - everything is working ok. I’ve checked the BIOS date time & it’s correct.

Im trying to restore the o/s to the last safe point. But when I go to do this it’s asking to go back to my purchase date (2 years ago) is this right? Or is there a way to restore from safe update done a few day’s ago?

Tour help will be much appreciated. John

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,571 32,471 2,955 7,258
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Johnr8 

Sorry, but you can only select from the Restore Points that Windows provides.  If there is not one there you want, you are stuck.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Johnr8
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for trying to help. But I’ve been going through various solutions & have finally managed to fix the issue exactly as I wanted. I didn’t have to restore the whole system. There was an option to rollback to a safe point just before the corrupt Windows updates were applied,  a couple of days ago. This was under a different option. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation