Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (185 Views)

Boots up normally but the screen remains blank throughout,

Product Name: BON4OPA#ABG
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi - I've had my hp laptop for about 3 years. It has been relatively trouble free but yesterday I booted up normally ... but the screen remained blank throughout. I attempted to reboot with the battery out - to no avail. It still boots up normally but the screen still remains blank throughout ....

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (157 Views)

Re: Boots up normally but the screen remains blank throughout,

Hi @jamesmarino,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion dv6-6c36tx Entertainment Notebook and issues with the Notebook not starting.Try performing a hard reset.

When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.

Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows.

Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

Do you hear the Fans? If yes, try to connect to a monitor to see what happens.

Have you tried reseating Memory and the HDD?

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
Student
Message 3 of 3 (98 Views)

Re: Boots up normally but the screen remains blank throughout,

bought

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation