Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Cannot download the required Bios update for my computer

HP Recommended
HP Notebook 17-In Touch Screen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When trying to install the BIOS update using the HP Assistant it neved successfully downloads and installation never begins or completes.  I left the install to run for more than 6 hours and it never completed.  I had to stop/abort the attempted install. I've tried to install this update 3 different times, twice yesterday and once today. Why is it not installing? What should I do?

I have had this problem since day 1 with the HP Assistant not working properly and I called in and they made sure that my settings were set on automatically update, but I still cannot get this Bios update installed. I am beyond frustrated with the poor performance of this computer and I'm now beyond the 90 day warranty so getting any kind of support is a joke unless I want to pay more money for a computer that I am definitely not happy with.  The machine constantly freezes up and is the slowest machine I have ever purchased.  I am very sorry that I purchased an HP and getting any kind of help via Tech Support after the 90 day initial warranty is a joke.

CAn you tell me how I can get support on updating the bios for my computer.  The product number is X2E4IUA#ABA.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
26,049 25,812 2,262 8,336
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kiddlyn

Short Answer:

Please do not use the HP Support Assistant to update the BIOS.

At this writing, the HPSA is not the appropriate tool to apply BIOS updates.

Longer Answer:

BIOS updates carry a certain amount of inherent risk -- only update the BIOS when necessary, that is, there is a fix supplied by the BIOS update that will benefit your computer's operation.

When it is time to update your computer's BIOS - please complete the Update manually, and ONLY after you have completely backed up the computer.  Please back up your most critical files to a remote Drive (USB stick) or other location that is NOT on your computer's main disk.

Open your computer's Website Support Driver Page:

Support Home

• Look for the BIOS update in the Driver list
  • Open the category > click on Details > click on Full Details
  • READ everything about the Update, including the installation instructions - THEN decide whether you should attempt the Update on your computer

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, and examples

Updates – When and How

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation