Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Caps LOCK - ON -

HP NB PC PAvilon 15-p207tX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The caps lock is always ON.  

Tried http://windowsreport.com/caps-lock-num-lock-stuck-windows-10/

Gave a temporary relief.  However - the caps lock comes back after some time of operation.

How to rectify this permanently.

Thanks

Vidyashankar

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17328 16626 897 2521
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Caps LOCK - ON -

Hey @Vidyashankar, welcome to the HP Forums! 

I'd be happy to help you unlock the caps lock. I found something posted in the Microsoft Community that might help:

Guaranteed Fix!

Simple. I had the same problem. To fix it, press and hold the Caps Lock button - the Caps Lock indicator light will begin to blink rapidly. While it is blinking, while still holding the button down, press any letter key. You can now let go of the Caps Lock button. If the Caps Lock light is still on, Just press the Caps Lock button again - This will turn off the Caps Lock Indicator Light, and any and all Letter Keys you press will type in Lower Case. Done. Caps Lock Button is now back to normal. 

- Source: STUCK IN CAPS

Somebody else on the same thread says "What no one has indicated is that one must hold down the RIGHT shift button and then press the Caps button to engage\disengage reverse caps lock."

If either of those solutions work for you, please click the Accept as Solution button below to mark your post as solved and to help others find the solution easily. 

If the issue persists, look through the Microsoft thread that I sourced as there are a few other ideas posted there. Get back to me though if you'd like further assistance. 

Thanks. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation