Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
anonymousbun Student
Student
0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crackling Noise from the left side of the Pc

Pavilion DV6
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

i am experiencing this problem recently with my HP Pavilion DV6

my laptop is almost 4 yr old. and it is giving out this crackling noise from the left side of the laptop where there is vent for the speaker .

and recently with the crackling it is also giving out fumes or something.

i could see the fumes coming out i shut it off and restarted after a day and it worked fine for a few hours and the crackling began again and than it stopped by itself and it worked fine for another few hours..

This crackling noise is really scaring me and i am sure it is not of the sound driver or something because it occurs when m not playing anything on my laptop. 

i would also like to mention than the fan runs more these days and also laptop heats up too much sometimes.

Please help with the same.

Thank you in advance

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
947 41 165
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crackling Noise from the left side of the Pc

Hey @anonymousbun,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions

Please take a moment to read HP's Privacy Policy at http//www8.hp.com/us/en/privacy/ww-privacy.html .

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation