Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harley2007
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Do not have password to register Microsoft Office Home and Student

HP Recommended

I am trying to use Microsoft word. It has not been activated since I bought the computer. It is asking for a 13 digit code. I can not find the paper work to my computer and do not have the code.

4 REPLIES 4
visruth
Level 15
13,019 12,958 1,700 3,966
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi,

Have you BOUGHT this laptop with a product activation key sold separately along with the machine by HP?

What is the exact model name, product number of your laptop?

Regards

Visruth
0 Kudos
Harley2007
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From what I understand the activation key was provide from HP when I purchased the computer and software from HP.  I have moved twice and misplaced the paper work that came with computer and the activation key.  I was in contact with HP tech support the other day and the tech told me that it should have been activated at the factory when it was installed. I asked him for the code and he told me that he could not help me, to much time had passed.  I purchased the computer in July of 2016.  He offered to sell me more software at a reduced price. I refused to buy it. It is HP mistake and they should stand behind it.

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,691
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I have moved twice and misplaced the paper work that came with computer and the activation key. 

> It is HP mistake and they should stand behind it.

Yes, blame HP for misplacing your paperwork.   :Wink:

I doubt that the technician gave you the correct information about "factory-activation" of Microsoft Office.

Activation requires sending your name & your E-mail ID to Microsoft.

Before you bought it, HP did not have that information, and would not be able to activate the software.

If the technician said that Microsoft Windows is pre-activated at the factory, I might believe part of that statement.

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
31,602 31,509 2,868 6,930
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Harley2007

Blaming HP for your losing the paperwork is hardly fair.

HP does not keep copies of individual MS Office product keys associated with individual PCs, so there is no way to get that information from HP.

Also, the version that comes preinstalled with laptops is a 60-day trial version.  When that trial is over, you have to pay for the full license fee in order to continue to use MS Office.

At this point, you would have had to buy a license, anyway.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation