Did you mean: 
jhdodd Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fingerprint sensor not recognised by HP Protect Tools

I have installed HP Protect Tools (latest version from the website) and it doesn't allow me to enroll my fingers. Windows recognises the sensor and says it's working OK, but when I click on Credential Manager in the Security Manager dashboard I only see Windows Password, Sparekey (both of which I have set up OK), bluetooth and PIN.

In the admin console I click on Credentials and it shows me an oprtion to "Configure the use of the fingerprint reader" and allows me to set min and max enrolled fingers as well as the sensitivity.

However, when I look at my user's Summary pane, Windows password and SpareKey are enabled and green and all the others are grey  with a tilde in a circle (~).

Under Authentication I see Fingerprints in the list for both Admins and Users in both Logon Policy and Session Policy panes.

Does this mean my reader isn't working? I tried it in the BIOS and it produced a result (which I didn't use).

I have also reset it on boot in the BIOS (twice) and that didn't change anything.

My driver is the Synaptics FP Sensors v 4.5.307.0 (27/May/2015) the latest on the website.

How do I get the sensor to show up in my "Manage your Credentials" window so I can enroll my fingers?

1 REPLY 1
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
236 232 17 60
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fingerprint sensor not recognised by HP Protect Tools

Hello,

in bios check if fingerprint is enabled. Bios --> Security--> Fingerprint-->enable

then install the fingerprint drivers.

Use client security manager to enroll the fingerprint on your unit.

#hpexpertday

Regards;
Smiley
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation