Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HB harware diagnostic+another installion is on progress

HP+Laptop+14-bp0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HB harware diagnostic+another installion is on progress, you must complete that installion before continuing this one.

So, my main question, how can I go further for that. This error message is all the time and it stopping me doing this final installion to the end.

Klaus

6 REPLIES 6
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,895 18,883 1,249 1,913
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@klaus_fleming,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• How are you installing these updates? (HP website or HP support assistant)
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

While I wait for the answers, I recommend you shut down the computer completely, wait for 5 mins and then turn the computer on and then try installing.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
klaus_fleming
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi The_Fossette and thank you for the help.

Below are some of answers:

How are you installing these updates? (HP website or HP support assistant)

HP support assistant

Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

- No, its my new notebook and nothing has change.

Yeah I have also try to make that installion on administrator rights, but that not help either. Also restart notebook many times and nothing seems to hang in there. I wonder this is many mysteries problems for the computer world:)

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,460
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@klaus_fleming

You're most welcome. 🙂

As @The_Fossette is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. I truly appreciate your patience and efforts. 

You may use the Windows Task Manager to close the non responding programs. The following steps will help:

1. In Windows, search for and open Task Manager.

If the Task Manager window opens with tabs across the top, click Fewer details in the lower left corner.

2. To close a program, select it, and click End task.

Closing a program

The program closes. The program might restart.

Later, I suggest you to uninstall the HP Support Assistant and reinstall it by following the below steps:

1. In Windows, search for and openControl Panel. In Control Panel, locate Programs, then click Uninstall a program.

Figure : Example image of uninstalling a program

Uninstalling a program
  2. In the Uninstall or change a program window, select the program you want to remove from the list and click Uninstall or Uninstall/Changeat the top of the program list.

Figure : Example of uninstalling a program

Image of Uninstall/Change selection
  3. Read and respond to any messages that open while the software is being removed from your computer.

Now, you may download and run the HP Support Assistant again:

• Click here to download and install the HP Support Assistant.
  • Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

• Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

• Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

• Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

• Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

• Perform any other update management actions as needed.

• Postpone an update: Click Remind me, and then select a time preference.

• Delete an available update: Click the Delete icon  to remove the update from the list and record it in the action log.

• Review updates status: Click Action log below the list to view installed, postponed, or deleted updates.

Hope this information helps. However, if the problem persists then I suggest you to perform a Windows Push Button Reset. This can be done either while preserving your personal data and customizations, or removing all your personal data. You may refer to "Perform a reset through Windows Recovery Environment" from this HP document

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance.

All the best! 

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious" - Albert Einstein

0 Kudos
klaus_fleming
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello and thank you all the help!

However I try to most of those trick now, like cleaning to register(regedit) and  check a task manager all the programs if they are open, also cleaning the empty HP folders - if they are related to the matter.  After the action, I downloaded the latest version. At installation I got an error code 1905 and when I clicked the error message ok, I got a new error code 1714.
So I still need advice, thank you.

Best Klaus

HP notebook install error 1714.jpgHP notebook install error 1905.jpg

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,546 11,537 563 605
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@klaus_fleming

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

Appreciate all your time and efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

I have sent you a private message, to contact HP Phone support depending on the model that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
klaus_fleming
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

I'm sorry that I haven't had time to investigate the matter.  But today I¨ll try to installing HP support assistant and okay I got same error code like above.

Then I read some solution for your forum, that you can  try Microsoft Fixit solution, so I do that and after that installing seems to allright(no errors), but I cant see program no where, no program files or no icons.

Well now gathering all information and seems to me there is no solution for that, I think maybe best choice is make notebook raw-boot and put the comp factory settings? I think that solution HP support recommend:)

Other solution can be if I download manually all the updates, I use also Drivermax software, it makes sometime errors

Best Klaus

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation