Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-p047nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just would like to know what is the "HP Development Company, L.P. - System - 11/19/2017 12:00:00 AM - 7.0.1.1" and why it must do in a manual install. Thanks.

HP-UpDate.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Karka_73, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you are getting HP Development Company, L.P. - System message in the windows update.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

As you mentioned you are getting HP Development Company, L.P. - System message in the windows update.

Try the steps recommended below.

Windows Update is trying to push an update on your laptop that doesn't really apply. 

Please try these steps if you have a working Keyboard.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type cmd.
  2. Right-click (or tap and hold) Command Prompt in the search results and select Run as administrator.
  3. In the Command Prompt window, type the command listed below and press ENTER.

dism /online /remove-package /packagename: package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~16299.248.1.17

Note: There is no space between package name: and package_for_RollupFix...

Restart your computer.

Please refer to this Link for more information.

Also, download and run windows update troubleshooter on your PC and check if it helps.

Download windows update troubleshooter using this link.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Karka_73, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you are getting HP Development Company, L.P. - System message in the windows update.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

As you mentioned you are getting HP Development Company, L.P. - System message in the windows update.

Try the steps recommended below.

Windows Update is trying to push an update on your laptop that doesn't really apply. 

Please try these steps if you have a working Keyboard.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type cmd.
  2. Right-click (or tap and hold) Command Prompt in the search results and select Run as administrator.
  3. In the Command Prompt window, type the command listed below and press ENTER.

dism /online /remove-package /packagename: package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~16299.248.1.17

Note: There is no space between package name: and package_for_RollupFix...

Restart your computer.

Please refer to this Link for more information.

Also, download and run windows update troubleshooter on your PC and check if it helps.

Download windows update troubleshooter using this link.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear MrRobot, strangely, when I was getting to apply your suggest, I noticed that the update was disappeared. So I didn't gone on and I don't know if it could had solve it.
Anyway, thanks for your help.
Have a nice sunday.
Simone

HP Recommended

@Karka_73,

It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

I'm glad to hear you found the solution you were looking for.

I would suggest you keep the PC under observation and check how it performs.

If you come across any issues, please feel free to reach out to us again.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

For anyone else reading this for a solution - this answer is totally wrong and does not apply at all to what was asked.

Read here for the only solution I can find at this time - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update-winpc/windows-update-hp-developm...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.