Did you mean: 
Chuck_Mo
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP JumpStart Has Problem On Our End

I'm also having the same problem. I have even performed a factroy fresh install and still facing the same issue. Is there anything I can do? And no, I'm not a bot.

Laptop: HP ENVY Notebook

Product #: 2EW64UA

11 REPLIES 11
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,587 22,544 1,891 3,012
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Chuck_Mo (I'm glad you've clarified that you aren't a bot, we can get straight to work!) 😉 😛

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the HP JumpStart isn't working though you've done a factory fresh installation of the OS,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Was this "factory fresh installation" done using the HP Recovery Manager? or was it a local/retail copy of windows?
  • Did you install all latest driver updates for BIOS, Chipset and Graphics card?
    • If not, Click here to find and install the same.

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

The issue may occur if either the program or the OS is not working properly due to a corrupt system file, normally a OS re-installation should fix such issues, however, it depends on how the OS was reinstalled, if you haven't used the HP Recovery manager (F11) for the re-installation, please Click here for instructions on how to get it done.

If the above doesn't work due to installation using the local/retail copy of windows, I recommend you obtain the HP Recovery Media to delete all the content of the driver, re-create the partition and install a fresh copy of the OEM windows to resolve this issue: Click here to obtain the recovery media.

Keep me posted,

For I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, 

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Chuck_Mo
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Riddle,

This was a factory fresh install using the HP Recovery Manager going through all the hoops and installing some of the apps suggested by HP Jump Start while leaving the rest for later so that I can see what they actually do and if they're any good. I also started HP Suppost assistant to update any and all drivers that needed updating and at the moment Windows is fully updated.

HP Jump Start however will not work now. It stays on its start page while showing the following messages:

"Almost there, we're getting things ready."

"Is your internet connection working?"

And finally:

"Something went wrong on our end. Check back soon"

with an 'Ok, Got it!' button which ends the programs.

The OS and all the installed programs and connected drives/devices work perfectly at the moment and Jump Start seems to be the only app that's not working.

Eventhough there was no power interuption/spikes during the fresh install, I have scanned the main drive for any possibility of corrupt files/sectors and everything checks out.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Chuck_Mo

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

However, we seem to have exhausted all the steps we had to fix the issue as off now, hence we would like to research on the same, check with the R&D Team and get back to you with another solution,

I suggest you give us about 72hrs, while we test this situation on our lab rats (devices-no actual rats will be hurt in the process),

And get back to you with a working solution.

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Chuck_Mo
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Riddle,

Checking to see if the lab rats returned anything.

Thanks,

Chuck

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Chuck_Mo

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

With a heavy heart, I'm afraid the rats turned into zombies...

We still do not have any positive results I could share with you at this time, Although, I have sent out another mail to get this sorted.

This may take another 48-72hrs, as I've asked to get some positive results soon, or they'll end up with the zombie rats 😉

I recommend you remove the HP JumpStart in the meantime, if it's causing issues using the device in anyway & if it isn't too much to ask, send me a reminder in 72hrs, if this doesn't work out, I'll need to find other ways to help you out.

(We shall troubleshoot as a team, fight till the end and emerge victorious)

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Chuck_Mo
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Riddle,

Thank you for pursuing this case. I will contact you in a few days. Also, let me know if you or anyone would like to remote connect if it would help.

Thank you,

Chuck

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Chuck_Mo

It's great to have you back 😉

Although, I'm awaiting the response from the other team,

If you wish to try your luck with the remote connect, I must say it's a good idea, however, you would need to check this:

I'm sending out a Private message with the information you need to get this sorted,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

(The reason we are utilizing the private message now, is because the instructions are critical).

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Chuck_Mo
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The problem has finally been fixed or fixed itself. I no longer have this issue with HP Jumpstart probably due to an update of some kind.

Thank you for the support.

0 Kudos
The_Wallace
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

I am trying to see if you know of a fix for this issue as I have just purchased a brand new HP Pavilion 590-P0207A and I am having JumpStart open each day and fail with the message problem at our end.

Cheers 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation